“And it happened when He was in a certain city, that behold, a man who was full of leprosy saw Jesus; and he fell on his face and implored Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean. Then He put out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” Immediately the leprosy left him.” Luke 5:12-13
When Jesus spoke, things always happened! When Jesus spoke, healing always came, demons were always cast out, the lame & paralyzed were always restored! When we read the Word of God it’s important to know that His written Word is just as real, just as personal and just as powerful and alive as it was when Jesus spoke to this leper! God’s will and His Word are remarkably simple. It takes outside help to misunderstand it!
There are many scriptures given to help us understand that it is God’s will for us to be healed. Below are just a select few of them:
- God’s Word is Health/Medicine – Pr. 4:22 replace unbelief with the Word, His medicine!
- God’s will is revealed in the origins of creation – Gen. 1:31 God made everything GOOD!
- “Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven” – Mt. 6:10 – Is there sickness in heaven?
- The Names of God: Jehovah-rapha – Ex. 15:26 – His Name is The LORD our Healer
- Sickness is under the Curse of the Law – Deut. 28:14-68; Gal. 3:13
- Healing is the Children’s Bread – Mt. 15:22-28
Knowing God’s will is the knowledge that faith needs to unlock the power of God and complete the will of God in our lives. The question is not about whether God will heal us or not. He already said, “I will!” The question is, do we know the truth about His will so our faith can complete His will in us?
The leper in the above scripture knew that Jesus could heal him. The question that he had was WOULD He? Once He heard the words, “I will…” faith came and he received his healing! Once you know it is God’s will for YOU to be healed, your faith will produce what God has provided.
Faith begins where the will of God is KNOWN!