“Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.” I Peter 2:24
Five Important Truths Concerning Divine Healing:
- Jesus paid for our healing with the stripes He took at the whipping post.
- If all God wanted to do was to forgive us our sins, Jesus would have just gone to the cross. He went to the whipping post for a reason, and that was to pay for our physical healing.
- Healing is a Provision of the New Testament, and therefore belongs to all believers!
- “…ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound—think of it—for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond?” If a daughter of Abraham qualified this woman for healing, how much more the sons and daughters of God through the New Birth? We have a better Covenant based on better promises!” Hebrews 8:6
- Healing is received by faith in the Word of God!
- Mt. 8:17 “He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” Heb. 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” If He did it then, He still does it today!
- Confession is made unto healing just like confession is made unto salvation!
- “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
Both the Old and New Testaments define salvation as salvation, healing, health, safety, protection, preservation, soundness, and deliverance; and confession is made unto each of these provisions.
- Faith for healing begins where the will of God is known or revealed.
- When a leper came to Jesus in Luke 5:12, and said, “Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.” The leper knew that Jesus COULD heal him, but he didn’t know if He WOULD heal him. Then, Jesus “…put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I WILL: be thou clean!” And immediately the leprosy departed from him!” Once the leper knew the will of God, he had the faith to receive his healing!
Once we accept the authority of scripture as God’s integrity, we will have faith to receive any of the provisions of the New Testament. Billions of dollars are spent every year trying to regain or retain people’s health. Health and healing are basic desires of mankind. Anyone who likes sickness must be mentally sick! We have a sure Covenant that was secured for us with Jesus’ stripes, assuring us that it is God’s Will for all to be healed and whole!